Select board (SB) meetings are recorded by Okemo Valley TV and are available at their website and on Comcast Television. Written minutes are available at the town’s website. The following action was discussed/taken at Monday night’s meeting:
Repaving of 131: The paving of 131 from Downers 4 corner to 103 continues to be pushed back by the state. This year’s reason is lack of money as well as structural and drainage issues that need to be addressed before paving can begin. Given the condition of the road, the SB discussed possible options. Being a former state representative, whose committee was Transportation, SB member Mark Huntley is arranging for a meeting with key legislators where Cavendish can plead its case for repaving to happen sooner than later.
Parking Outter Limits Brewery: The proposed brewery will be located on the Proctorsville Green, next to Murdock’s Restaurant. In view of the recent ACT 250 hearing for Murdocks,’ regarding parking for their proposed expansion, Outter Limits Brewery provided an update to the SB on where they plan to have employee and customer parking. No date has been given for the opening of the Brewery.
Mascoma Bank Promissory Note: Approved and signed Mascoma Bank Promissory Note in the amount of $40,000 for a term of one year at an interest rate of 2.60 %. This amount represents tax refunds and credits as a result of the Castle Hill and Cavendish Pointe Hotel Condominiums appeals.
• Paving: Should be receiving $175,000 paving grant from the state for projects for the summer. Will begin paving projects by end of July beginning of August, as it will allow culvert and other work to be completed before paving begins. Areas for consideration include Quent Phelan Rd, Twenty Mile Stream by Winston Churchill’s property, Greven Rd and Cavendish Gulf Rd. Priority has yet to be determined. As soon as it thaws, culvert and other repairs will begin as soon as possible so there is time for them to acclimate before paving begins.
• Wastewater Aeration System: Approved by the voters at Town Meeting 2017, Cavendish is doing a complete replacement of the Town Wastewater Treatment Plant Aeration System. Bids will go out for construction in March, which is set to begin late July/early August and is projected to be on line by middle to late September.
• Bridge 58 (Depot St): Discussions are underway to relocate utility pipes/lines, currently attached to the bridge, to be buried under the river. Waiting for agreements with property owners for right of way (Goodman, Pipkin, Provance), which VTrans is currently overseeing. The borings are scheduled for this summer, around July 1. There are concerns about the esthetics of the bridge. The extended railings would be problematic for the Goodman and Provance properties; however, there appears to be some ways to work around this.
• Town Garage Replacement: A survey is being done for the sandpit location site this week. Once the scope of site prep work required is known, the Town’s highway department can begin to do some of the work. April 2 is the last date to put out bids for building fabrication, if it is to be installed by the end of July. It is anticipated that the building will be completed this summer.
• Using Mitel phone system now for the town Office
• Funds have secured funding to remove pine trees in the Cavendish Cemetery, which are jeopardizing graves, including those of the founders of Cavendish
• Town Reports are at the printer and will be mailed shortly
• Safety lights for the CTES crosswalk will be installed this spring