The Cavendish Select Board for June 8 (Monday), will be held at 6:30 at the Cavendish Town Office. The Agenda will be as follows:
1. Call the Meeting to Order
2. Town Manager to Introduce Bruce McEnaney, Assistant to the Town Manager
3. Act upon minutes of the meeting of May 11th, 2015
4. Sign Orders
5. Review Correspondence
6. Adjust Agenda
7. Hear Citizens
8. Continue discussion on Cavendish’s participation in the VTrans Accelerated Bridge Program regarding Town Highway Bridge #58 on Depot Street in Proctorsville. As discussed during the last meeting, this bridge was the subject of a scoping study due to its serious need of replacement. The preferred plan calls for full bridge replacement in its current alignment. Also in the preferred plan is short-term bridge closure during demolition and construction with traffic being maintained on an off-site detour. The Select Board needs to consider a resolution to commit to participation in the program or choose some other alternative. Participation in the program will mean that the Town share of the costs would drop from a minimum of 10% down to 5%. Planning work (engineering) cannot proceed until the Board makes a decision in this regard.
9. Board to consider approval of use of the Village Green in Proctorsville as the venue for the 2015 Cavendish Summer Concert Series.
10. Updates on the Solarize Makes $en$e Program (in partnership with Reading, Windsor, Weathersfield and Brownsville) and its kick-off event which is to take place on Saturday, June 6th @ 10:00am at the Weathersfield Town Elementary School in Ascutney.
11. Update on Davis Road bridge project progress.
12. Update on various town activities including: cemeteries; grant program activities and status; forthcoming project activities; ERP program; recreation; transfer station; delinquent tax collection matters; water department projects; FEMA closeouts, etc.
13. Town Manager to ask board approval for the establishment of an administrative personnel reserve fund.
14. Other business