So you’re down to less than 48 hours until Mother’s Day. What to do? There are lots of places to purchase a special gift or gift certificate from a local business or organization. Use the Cavendish Connects Business and Organization Directories to help you out.
If purchasing something isn’t in your budget this year, here are a variety of ways to celebrate Mom that won’t cost you anything more than your time.
• Share your Amazon Prime, Netflix or HBO Go password. Be sure to give her a tutorial on how to use it.
• Give her your copy of your favorite book.
• Take a break outdoors together: a walk at Greven Field or around town.; fly a kite at Fletcher Field; go for a bike ride; visit Knapp Pond.
• Do the laundry, wash and vacuum her car, clean the house, till the soil for her garden, yard work and/or do another chore she needs to have done but has been putting off. Top it off with her favorite home cooked meal.
• For a computer savvy Momma, consider: a photo collage that she can post to her Facebook page; create a Spotify playlist of tunes she’ll like; “friend” her on Facebook so she knows what’s happening in your world
• Don’t worry if your budget doesn’t allow you to purchase a gift certificate at the Aveda Spa at the Castle (definitely a lovely treat though), try doing the following:
- Back Rub
• Make her a card, send her a special e-mail, spend time with and in general, let her know how important she is to you.