The 8th Annual Town-Wide Tag Sale will be held on Saturday July 28, 2018 from 9-2.
The Cavendish Town Wide Tag Sale began in 2011 as part of the town’s 250th anniversary’s yearlong celebration. Because it was such a hit, Cavendish Connects has continued to sponsor it. It takes quite a bit of time to coordinate this event, therefore we are asking the Cavendish community to help support Cavendish Connects by making a donation now, the day of the sale or shortly thereafter, which can be done from the CC’s donation page. .
• The sale will be concentrated along Main Street (Route 131), with both village greens available.
• Anyone setting up on a village green is responsible for bringing all supplies and removing all trash and items that did not sell by the end of the day.
• Secondary areas will be off High Street in Cavendish Village and Route 103, Twenty Mile Stream and Depot Street in Proctorsville. Those along High Street, Route 103, Twenty Mile or other areas should think about signage.
• Signage will go up two weeks before the event.
• Vendors from other towns can participate in the sale but they must pre register and pay a fee of $15.
Those who wish to register for space at the Greens, or have their site listed on the vendor list (on-line only) should send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 802-226-7807.
Please note that the more information you can provide about what you have for sale, the more shoppers you will attract. As we get closer to the date, the Cavendish Vt Facebook site will include items for sale. We encourage people with Facebook pages, Instagram or other social media outlets to promote the sale.
WHERE TO STOP, SHOP & EAT: A copy of the vendor list will be made available by Friday, July 27 in PDF format.
• 864 High St (Woodells): Vintage/retro items, chairs, household items.
Cavendish Green: Free items
Cavendish Commons (1900 Main St, Rt 131): Multi family sale.
Off Twenty Mile Stream Rd: 121 Davis Rd: Snow Blower; mixed household items, tools, women’s clothing
Proctorsville Green: Cavendish Connects booth will in the Gazebo.
• The Cavendish Historical Society will be signing copies of Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn: The Writer Who Changed History at the Gazebo.
• Proctorsville Volunteer Fire Dept. will host a BBQ with hot dogs, hamburgers, sausages and all the fixings.
• Lemonade stand to benefit Dana Farber Cancer Institute
• Various private vendors
• The Happy Hound Pet Groomer will be on hand doing nail clippings
• Blow out sale for Amy’s signs. Get them while they last.
417 Bailey Hill Rd (This is off of Route 103 near Hillcrest Cemetery): 2 full sets of bunk beds with mattresses, end table, kitchen items. Facebook Album of items being sold