The 7th Annual Town-Wide Tag Sale will be held on Saturday July 29, 2016 from 9-2. Note that the sale is ending one hour earlier this year, even though our logo states 9-3. The signage around town will reflect the correct hours.
The Cavendish Town Wide Tag Sale began in 2011 as part of the town’s 250th anniversary’s yearlong celebration. Because it was such a hit, Cavendish Connects has continued to sponsor it. It takes quite a bit of time to coordinate this event, therefore we are asking the Cavendish community to help support Cavendish Connects by making a donation now, the day of the sale or shortly thereafter, which can be done from the CC’s donation page. .
• The sale will be concentrated along Main Street (Route 131), with both village greens available.
• Anyone setting up on a village green is responsible for bringing all supplies and removing all trash and items that did not sell by the end of the day.
• Secondary areas will be off High Street in Cavendish Village and Route 103, Twenty Mile Stream and Depot Street in Proctorsville. Those along High Street, Route 103, Twenty Mile or other areas should think about signage.
• Signage will go up two weeks before the event.
• Vendors from other towns can participate in the sale but they must pre register and pay a fee of $15.
Those who wish to register for space at the Greens, or have their site listed on the vendor list (on-line only) should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-226-7807.
Please note that the more information you can provide about what you have for sale, the more shoppers you will attract. As we get closer to the date, the Cavendish Vt Facebook site will include items for sale. We encourage people with Facebook pages, Instagram or other social media outlets to promote the sale.
WHERE TO STOP, SHOP & EAT: A copy of the vendor list will be made available by Friday, July 28 in PDF format.
2369 Main St. (Route 131)-Wire Worker, lemonade stand
Cavendish Baptist Church (2258 Main St): Tag Sale
High Street- Road just before the Cavendish Town Green:
• 126 Garage Sale
Cavendish Green: Includes the free table from Henry Deeks as well as vendors from other towns. Some of the items available on this green is a Ludlow resident holding a moving sale. Items will include: seasonal decorations, framed pictures, push lawn mower, other garden tools and a Manta tiller. Another family sale includes a number of small appliances: Rice/food steamer; Oster Blender; Black and Decker Vacuum System; Kitchen Aid Mixer (white) used 3 times; Proctor Silex Compact Grill; numerous other household goods.
Cavendish Commons (1900 Main St, Rt 131): Multi family sale.
121 Davis Rd: Antiques, snow blowers and lots more-Take Twenty Mile Stream and turn right on Davis Rd.
St. James Church (across from Cavendish Elementary School in Proctorsville)
Cavendish Town Elementary School (Route 131, Main St.): Car wash to benefit the 6th grade class.
Proctorsville Green: Cavendish Connects booth will in the Gazebo.
• The Cavendish Historical Society will be signing copies of Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn: The Writer Who Changed History at the Gazebo
• Proctorsville Volunteer Fire Dept. will host a BBQ with hot dogs, hamburgers, sausages and all the fixings.
• Black River Action Team (BRAT): Will have river bugs, information about programs, and tee shirts to offer in exchange for donations. BRAT tests the Black River in Cavendish/Proctorsville so it's safe for swimming and recreational use.
• SWWCSWMD (Waste Treatment District for Cavendish): Will have composters for sale and a variety of informational materials on recycling, composting etc.
• Cavendish Green Mountain Snow Fleas: Will have the Tucker that kids can peak inside and even get their picture taken
• Family sale-Clothing (lot of vintage) and random household items.
• Family Sale-Inverter table, bed, dishes, antique sled and more.
• Lemonade Stand to benefit the Jimmy Fund.
• Family Sale-Camping equipment, camper, maple syrup tapped from local trees, clothes
198 Depot St: Family Tag Sale
305 Depot St: The Alberty Family will have a few "name your price" tables where you decide how much you want to pay for an item and the money will be donated to the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth as part of a contribution to Team Nolan's participation where all money goes to support child life activities.