DON’T FORGET TO FALL BACK ON SUNDAY AS WE RETURN TO STANDARD TIME.
CHECK THE CAVENDISH VT FACEBOOK PAGE DAILY FOR THE LATEST NEWS You don’t have to be a Facebook subscriber to see this page.
11/3/17 /Cavendish Update
1. Cavendish Related News
2. The Holiday Season is Rapidly Approaching
3. Wood Heat Workshop in Cavendish
4. Turkey Bingo at CTES
1. CAVENDISH RELATED NEWS
GM Girls Soccer Team in State Finals: With an incredible season of 16 wins and no losses or ties, Green Mountain Union High School’s girls varsity soccer team goes for the state championship on Saturday, Nov. 4, 10 am at Bellows Falls High School.
Deer Season Start’s Nov. 11: Hunters are gearing up for the start of Vermont’s traditionally popular 16-day rifle deer season that begins Saturday, Nov. 11 and ends Sunday, Nov. 26. A hunter may take one buck during this season with at least one antler having two or more points one inch or longer. A point must be one inch or longer from base to tip. The main beam counts as a point, regardless of length. Spike-antlered deer, mostly yearlings, are protected during this season. Vermont’s regular hunting licenses, including a November rifle season buck tag and a late season bear tag cost are available on Fish & Wildlife’s website and from license agents statewide. A 2017 Vermont Deer Hunting Guide can be downloaded from the department’s website at www.vtfishandwildlife.com.
2. THE HOLIDAY SEASON IS RAPIDLY APPROACHING: It doesn’t seem possible after the extended summer weather, but the calendar and changing temps assure us that it is November and Thanksgiving is less than three weeks away. Yes it’s a bit earlier this year. To help prepare for the holiday season ahead, think locally:
• OMS Annual Ski & Snowboard Swap: Nov. 17-19 (Friday-Sunday) at the Okemo Base Lodge. Great opportunity to purchase new and nearly new snow gear for skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing or just braving the elements. FMI
• PTO Pie Sale: On November 17 (Friday), a pie sale for Cavendish Town Elementary School PTO will take place at Singleton’s in Proctorsville and Brewfest in Ludlow.
• Murdock’s on the Green in Proctorsville is not serving dinner, but has a “Thanksgiving to Go” package with a turkey and traditional fixings that can be picked up on Thanksgiving Day up to 11:30 a.m. These must be ordered in advance. Order by phone 554-0126, on Facebook or just stop in at 42 the Village Green in Proctorsville
• Indulgence Tour is back by popular demand. Saturday Dec 2 and Sunday Dec 3, 2017 12am – 5pm. ...Over ten inns of the Okemo Valley region partner together for another inncredible weekend of welcoming locals and travelers to a self-guided two-day open house with festive food and drinks. Guests can see the inside of these country inns, delight in the holiday decorations, and taste the inndulgent treats each inn has to offer. Advance tickets are $15 per person and includes specialty foods and beverages. Many inns have cash bars too. Contact Julie at Golden Stage Inn for more information and to arrange for a gift certificate 802 226 7744
3. WOOD HEAT WORKSHOP IN CAVENDISH: Learn about the new clean burning technologies for heating residential and small commercial buildings with Vermont’s local, renewable fuel. The Cavendish Energy Committee will hold a free workshop on Tuesday, November 14, at 6:00 p.m. in the Cavendish town office meeting room, 37 High Street in Cavendish.
Are you upgrading your heating system? Would you like to know more about using local renewable energy sources? Learn about the best options for using wood to heat your home, shop, and business.
Emma Hanson, a specialist in wood heat from Vermont’s Dept. of Forests, Parks and Recreation, will give an overview of the latest clean burning systems, from wood boilers and high efficiency furnaces to pellet stoves and efficient fireplaces. She will also discuss the boost we can give to local economies by using Vermont trees. Brian Hernon from HB Energy Solutions in Springfield will share his perspective on installation and system design of these wood fired systems. Bring your questions and get answers from the experts.
Anyone may attend the workshop, no reservation required. For more information, please call Mary Ormrod at 802-226-7783.
4. TURKEY BINGO: A fundraiser for the Cavendish Town Elementary School PTO –Turkey Bingo. Will be held on Friday, November 10 starting at 6 PM Prizes... Turkeys of course and Cash. Pizza and Food will be for sale Come out for some family fun and help raise money for field trips and activities for the kids.
NOVEMBER 5 (SUNDAY): Black River Good Neighbor (BRGN) Stick Season Social
NOVEMBER 10 (FRIDAY): Turkey Bingo at CTES. Benefits the PTO. Starts at 6 pm in the multi purpose room. Prizes include turkeys, cash and other prizes.
NOVEMBER 11 (SUNDAY): Vermont Rifle Deer Season Starts.