The Cavendish Select Board will be meeting on Aug. 15 (Monday) at 6:30 pm at the Cavendish Town Office. The agenda will be as follows:
1. Call the meeting to order
2. Conduct public hearing on the adoption of the Cavendish Flood Hazard Area Regulations (FHAR) update. The draft of the FHARs update were reviewed by the Board of Selectmen with the Chair of the Cavendish Planning Commission on May 23rd and with John Broker-Campbell, Floodplain Manager for Southern Vermont, on June 28th and were also discussed at Select Board meetings on October 13th & November 9th, 2015 and May 9th, June 13th & July 11th, 2016.
3. Review/approve minutes of the meetings of July 11th, July 25th and August 8th, 2016
4. Sign Orders
5. Review Correspondence
6. Adjust agenda
7. Hear Citizens
8. As Local Board of liquor Control, consider applications for Special Event permit for the Golden Honey Festival and also Catering Licenses for forthcoming Glimmerstone events.
9. Updates on two separate VTrans railroad projects to occur this year in Cavendish.
10. Discuss current status and activities related to conveyance of town parcel #1R06-059 which is town-owned land acquired via tax sale.
11. Discuss September 1, 2016 Transfer Station Fee Schedule Changes
12. Discuss issue with head board clearance of Truck #3
13. Review proposed FY 2017 Cavendish Municipal Wastewater System Budget and Rate Schedule for approval.
14. Brief discussion regarding progress on the board’s work plan for hiring of a Town Manager to replace the current manager who is retiring.
15. Town Manager to inform board of a workshop opportunity for Select Board members on Vermont’s open meeting laws which will take place in Chester this October.1
16. Updates on other town activities including the awards of a Vermont Better Roads grant and a VTrans Town Highway Structures (Bridge) grant.
17. Other business