January 11 (Monday) Note: The Cavendish Select Board will be meeting in executive session with Town Attorney Matthew Birmingham at 6:00 pm in the Town Clerk’s Office on a legal matter (closed session). The board will convene its regular monthly meeting at 6:30 pm in the Town Office Meeting Room.
1. Call the monthly meeting to order
2. Review/approve minutes of the meetings of December 14th, 2015 and January 4th and 6th, 2016
3. Sign Orders
4. Review Correspondence
5. Adjust agenda
6. Discuss project changes proposed by Vtrans for the Green Mountain Railroad trestle project on Cavendish Gulf Road. Dan Delabruere of Vtrans Structures Division and two Vtrans project engineers will be present to give information about shotcrete and soil nail options. This is a follow-up to previous discussions including September 14th and August 10th, 2015
7. At 7:15 pm meet with Jackie Hanlon of Windsor County Youth Services regarding the work that her organization provides to the Cavendish community and their request for a FY17 town external appropriation.
8. At 7:25 pm meet with Lori Brown of the Vermont Adult Learning regarding the work that her organization provides to the Cavendish community as well as their FY17 town external appropriation request
9. Jason Rasmussen of the Southern Windsor County Regional Planning Commission will be present to give the Board an overview of Act 64, the Vermont Clean Water Act, and its ramifications for towns.
10. Hear Citizens
11. Town Manager to solicit topics for inclusion in the Town Manager and Selectmen’s Report for the 2015 Annual Town Report and thoughts on items to be included on the draft of the 2016 Town Meeting Warning.
12. Review and sign Annual Town Highway Inventory and Special Highway & Bridge Weight Limit filing
13. If time permits, continue general work and discussions on the FY 2016-2017 Selectmen’s Budget
14. Other business
Selectmen’s Budget Work Session Meeting, Wednesday, January 13th, 2016 in the Cavendish Town Office Meeting Room at 6:00 PM.
................................................................ AGENDA ................................................................
1. Call the meeting to order
2. Review Correspondence
3. Meet with representatives of the Cavendish Library Board and the Cavendish Town
Librarian to consider the town library appropriation request for FY17
4. Meet with representatives of the Cavendish Historical Society to consider it’s town appropriation request for FY17
5. Continue budget work on remaining items in the FY 2016-2017 Selectmen’s Budget.
6. Discuss preliminary draft of March 2016 Annual Town Meeting Warning
7. Adjourn by 8:00 pm sharp