5TH ANNUAL TOWN WIDE TAG SALE INFORMATION
With the sale a week away, whether you are a vendor and/or shopper, please keep the following in mind:
• If you are selling that day, and you want to make sure your site and correct information is included on both the on-line and printed handout (Stop, Shop and Eat), please check the Town Wide Tag Sale link. Proving information about sale items will help increase traffic to your booth. Vendors wishing to be included in the print and on-line information, need to e-mail email@example.com by Wednesday, July 22.
• A PDF of vendor locations will be posted to the Town Wide Tag Sale link by the afternoon of July 23 so that you can print and bring with you to the sale. Printed copies of Stop, Shop and Eat, will be available at the Cavendish Baptist Church and theCavendish Connects booth-the gazebo on the Proctorsville Green-the day of the sale.
• Those who are setting up on the village Greens-you are responsible for your own booths, chairs, tables and removal of trash and unsold items.
• The 6th grade is doing a car wash, tag and bake sale at CTES. If you have items you would like to drop off for their tag sale, do so on Thursday (July 23) or Friday (July 24) from 5-7 pm.
• The sale is from 9-3, and it’s recommended that you are setting up by 8.
• Stop by the Cavendish Connects booth at the gazebo on the Proctorsville Green for more information, have a cookie (gluten free options available), leave a donation or just say “hi.”
7/17/15 Cavendish Update Contains the Following
1. Cavendish Select Board Meeting: July 13, 2015
2. Cavendish Related News
3. Job Opening
4. Tiemann Memoirs: Chapter 19/Town Meeting
5. Green Brothers Band to Perform in Proctorsville
1. CAVENDISH SELECT BOARD MEETING 7/13/15
Select board (SB) meetings are recorded by LPC-TV and are available at their websiteand on Comcast Television. Written minutes are available at the town’s website. Monday night’s meeting included:
• Updates on bridges: Davis Rd is open but clean up work is still needed. Depot Street Bridge Project required clarification in the June motion to go with the state’s Accelerated Bridge Program.
• VELCO is moving forward with their Connecticut River Valley Project, which will upgrade the existing transmission line between the Coolidge (located in Cavendish) and Ascutney substations to resolve the overloading and voltage violations.
• The town’s solar array is functioning as projected and has generated about $20,000 in credits.
• Variety of updates on town projects including cemetery, water and transfer station
• The wastewater tax rate has been set. The primary reason for the increase is in personnel.
The SB report is available at The Dish.
2. CAVENDISH RELATED NEWS
Water Testing at Greven Field: Water testing the Black River at the beach area in Greven Field has been ongoing since June 3. With the exception of the test on June 10, the water has been clean enough for boating and swimming. Check the water status by going to the Black River at Greven Field results page. Thanks to the volunteers of BRAT for doing the monitoring and to the Cavendish Recreation Department for the sponsoring of the testing site.
Health Department to Start Weekly Mosquito Testing: The VT Health Department has begun weekly mosquito testing across the state and will post updates to itswebsite of areas where mosquitos carrying illnesses are discovered. Last year, eight mosquito pools that tested positive for West Nile virus and eight others that tested positive for Eastern equine encephalitis in Rutland and Franklin counties. Human illness from mosquitos is rare in Vermont, but two Rutland County residents died from EEE in 2012, and in 2013 two horses were infected and died. VDH Press Release
3. JOB OPENING
Cavendish resident and business owner is looking for a part time sales person for their Ludlow store-Chrisandra’s (Hammond Hall location on Main Street). Person should be people oriented, able to move furniture and willing to learn about home interior products and furniture. Position does require some weekends. Please send resume firstname.lastname@example.org. FMI: 802-228-2075
4. TIEMANN MEMOIRS: CHAPTER 19/TOWN MEETING
In Chapter 19, the Tiemanns attend their first Cavendish Town Meeting Day. While many aspects of it are recognizable today, there have been some significant changes. The “bonus” feature documents the changes in town meeting from 1912 up to the present day. To read the prelude and other chapters of Tiemann’s Memoirs go toComing to Vermont (Cavendish): Memoirs of Philip Tiemann.
5. GREEN BROTHERS TO PERFORM IN PROCTORSVILLE
The Town of Cavendish and the Cavendish Community and Conservation Association invite everyone to welcome a newcomer to the Cavendish Music Series on Wednesday, July 29th at 6:00 p.m. when the Green Brothers Band takes the stage on the Proctorsville Green. This will be the fifth of seven concerts that are held on consecutive Wednesday evenings in July and August.
Based in Castleton, the Green Brothers Band has been performing as a group for twenty years throughout New England and New York. The band’s repertoire includes an eclectic mix of jazz, blues, rock, r & b, reggae, and Latin fusion, as well as original compositions. The band’s unique blend of jazz, Latin and r & b packs a cool, funky, soul-stirring punch.
The concert is free and open to everyone, not just Cavendish residents. So join your friends and neighbors in front of the gazebo on the green. Bring a blanket or a comfortable chair, have a picnic, or just lay back and relax on the grass. It’s a fun way to enjoy the summer weather and either reconnect with old friends or make new ones.
The concert is sponsored by Good Earth Landscaping and by Calabrese Architects.
FMI: 226-7736. In the event of rain postponement information will be reflected on theCavendish Facebook page.
Upcoming activities for Cavendish this week include:
July 19 (Sunday): Author Jane Green at Cavendish Library
July 22 (Wednesday): Proctorsville Concert featuring Voodoo Alien Blues Band, 6 pm Proctorsville Green
July 25 (Saturday): Town Wide Tag Sale
For more information on these and other events, go to the Cavendish Connects July Calendar. For regional events, check out the Okemo Valley Chamber of Commerce Calendar.
5TH ANNUAL TOWN WIDE TAG SALE INFORMATION