Combine your love of puzzles and Cavendish by taking the monthly Cavendish Puzzle Challenge, which will appear on the first Friday of the month on the Cavendish Connects blog.
Submit your answers by Friday, February 26th at 5 p.m. via e-mail or snail mail.
Mailing address: Cavendish Connects | PO Box 3 | Cavendish, VT 05142
The winners will be posted in The Cavendish Update and here on the blog on Friday, March 6th; with that announcement we will post a new puzzle as well. One lucky winner's name will be drawn at random and will receive a free entry into the Cavendish Connects "All Things Cavendish" Raffle, which will take place on Saturday, December 5th at the 2nd Annual Abundance Swap.
This month's puzzle is a crossword created courtesy of Cavendish resident Kem Phillips.
You may either print the crossword out, complete it, and mail it or scan it and e-mail it to us. You can also email us your answers numbered (ex. 1, 2, 3, etc.).
Please feel free to reach out at email@example.com with any questions!
We hope you enjoy tackling this first puzzle!
Cavendish Puzzle Challenge | No. 1 | 2.5.15
1. home sweet home
4. patriot Boy
8. 1, 3, 5, …
9. VT, not London
11. fly to Warsaw
12. hope this doesn’t irritate you
13. Cavendish guy with a real headache
14. favorite govt dept
16. a man’s name, so Andy says
17. wear this wooly VT brand
18. everybody gets a car
20. gives light in VT
21. do it yourself with this
23. even better than marble
24. Robert’s home, not Abe’s
26. Pogue’s on it
27. get tractor power from it
28. take this road to Ponder Lane
31. to a very large degree
32. we really like this patriot, again
33. good hike, good beer
1. an ancient road near here
2. recent Moneypenny actress
3. be a good one if you have company
4. make squirrels happy
5. just up the road from here
6. witch’s brew, good eye
7. this is on you now
10. getting hotter
14. brother, or save for later
15. 10 are good for scratching
16. Andy, again
18. don’t break a leg here
19. 26.2 in Prague
22. odd music, if you ask me, Mr. Schoenberg
23. oh my Gosh, such a tiny town
25. thought we learned not to say this
26. abbreviation used a lot here
27. very big kitty, still here?
29. high place between Europe and Asia
30. Hillary with a fiddle