The Town of Cavendish will elect officers by Australian ballot on Tuesday, March 7, 2017. Those who are interested in running for a town office must file a petition and have it signed by 15 registered Cavendish voters by 5 pm on January 30 (Monday). Please stop by the town office if you are interested in filing or signing a petition.
The following positions are open for election for one-year terms unless otherwise noted:
• Town Moderator
• School Moderator
• Select Board 2 openings for one year term and 1 3 year term
• Town Clerk
• Town Treasurer 3 years
• Town Agent
• Auditor 1 position each for one year, two year and three-year terms
• Library Trustee: 1 position each for 5 years and 4 year terms
• Trustee of Public Funds: 1 position each for two and three year terms
• Town Grand Juror
• Town School Director (School board): 2 positions for one-year terms and 1 three-year term
• GMUHS Director: 2 year term
Please stop by or call the Town Office for more information-226-7292.
Learn more about Cavendish and the state legislative processes, including Town Meeting, which take place the first quarter of every year. What You Need to Know About Cavendish & State Legislative Processes.